Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2007 LTZ - No heat when stopped

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2012, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 LTZ - No heat when stopped

Wife turned the heat up today cause it's starting to get a little cold out. She said there wasn't any heat coming out so I hopped in and tested it out. Drove around for about 10 minutes there was zero heat. The car was at normal temp and outside temp was 60 degrees. Then, while driving down the road, it started blowing out heat but when I would come to a stop at a stoplight it would start blowing cold air again.

Suggestions?

Heating element (core?) might be bad?
Old September 25th, 2012, 7:59 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by schmaltzy
Wife turned the heat up today cause it's starting to get a little cold out. She said there wasn't any heat coming out so I hopped in and tested it out. Drove around for about 10 minutes there was zero heat. The car was at normal temp and outside temp was 60 degrees. Then, while driving down the road, it started blowing out heat but when I would come to a stop at a stoplight it would start blowing cold air again.

Suggestions?

Heating element (core?) might be bad?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> schmaltzy,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. If you would like, please PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN and I would be happy to check my resources for any known issues.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 25th, 2012, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks but you're too late. It was a leaking water pump. Already had it fixed.