Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Engine error codes and transmission wont shift

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2017, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine error codes and transmission wont shift

I have a 2010 Silverado Z71 - This problem has me quite concerned that I'm getting into a pricey Easter egg hunt for an electrical issue. I hope somebody can help get me pointed into the right direction.

When I started my truck today, the entire thing glitched out. Instrument panel needles were waiving erratically, I had an 3x error ("service Stabilitrak", "Service Traction Control", and "service AWD"), and as I drove, the transmission was stuck in 1st gear - with the speedometer & tachometer bouncing around wildly. I read the errors, and had all of the following: U0100, P069E, P0700, U0073, U0101, U0102, U0109. I turned the truck off and back on and the errors remained - I erased the codes with the ODB reader and everything worked fine. I had to get to an appt, so I left hoping it was all over. I looked up all the codes and noted that basically 5 or more of the computers under the hood are not talking with each other.

Next time I start my truck, all of the same things happened. This time, two (minor?) differences. First, the instrument cluster all stayed in the "dead" position - no waving. Second, when I try to read the codes, my ODB reader says "No Link". I turned off and back on the truck several times, and every time I got the "No Link" and was unable to reset the codes. I unplugged the battery for 30 seconds to reset the warnings. Once reset, the truck operated properly again to get me home.

Any ideas where I need to start? I work an hour away from home and don't want to get stranded there (or half way there).

Thanks for the help!
Old January 17th, 2021, 4:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Related issues with a 2010 chevy

[QUOTE=servaess;349151]I have a 2010 Silverado Z71 - This problem has me quite concerned that I'm getting into a pricey Easter egg hunt for an electrical issue. I hope somebody can help get me pointed into the right direction.

When I started my truck today, the entire thing glitched out. Instrument panel needles were waiving erratically, I had an 3x error ("service Stabilitrak", "Service Traction Control", and "service AWD"), and as I drove, the transmission was stuck in 1st gear - with the speedometer & tachometer bouncing around wildly. I read the errors, and had all of the following: U0100, P069E, P0700, U0073, U0101, U0102, U0109.

i have the same issues and codes, I don’t want to start replacing things if it won’t fix the main issue. Have you ever found out what it is? I’ve been looking in a bunch of different forums and I still can’t find an answer. Let me know if you found anything out, thank you.
Old January 18th, 2021, 10:11 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

[QUOTE=Nocigar;459041]
Originally Posted by servaess
I have a 2010 Silverado Z71 - This problem has me quite concerned that I'm getting into a pricey Easter egg hunt for an electrical issue. I hope somebody can help get me pointed into the right direction.

When I started my truck today, the entire thing glitched out. Instrument panel needles were waiving erratically, I had an 3x error ("service Stabilitrak", "Service Traction Control", and "service AWD"), and as I drove, the transmission was stuck in 1st gear - with the speedometer & tachometer bouncing around wildly. I read the errors, and had all of the following: U0100, P069E, P0700, U0073, U0101, U0102, U0109.

i have the same issues and codes, I don’t want to start replacing things if it won’t fix the main issue. Have you ever found out what it is? I’ve been looking in a bunch of different forums and I still can’t find an answer. Let me know if you found anything out, thank you.
Check your battery out throughy. Do not depend on the auto parts stores to do so. If it's OK, or you buy a new one and still have these issues, then post back here.