Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2000 4.3 Silverado Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2008, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 4.3 Silverado Help!!!!!!

how are ya'll doing ? ok....i have a 2000 chevy silverado 4.3, with 100,200 miles on it. great truck....i have only had to tune it and change acouple of water pumps. and thanks to a alarm installer i got a new computer last year,installed by dealer.for about last two years it has been somewhat hard to start, only sometimes. when it is cold it starts great, when it warm/hot it takes about 4 or 5 seconds to fire off. well.....yesterday it finally gave up. i always though the fuel pump was giving out.
i checked to spark, i have it at three of the three plugs i checked. checked the fuel pressure at the manifold it read 60#s quick, then slowly bled down, with the key still on acessory..(is this normal?) i try starter fluid straight into the body while cranking it, it did not ever try to start.

i'm stumped.....any help would be greatly apprecaited.
thanks, kenneth
Old February 4th, 2008, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2000 4.3 Silverado Help!!!!!!

I had the same problem last week. I changed all spark plugs, wires and the fuel pressure regulator. Works great now.
Old February 4th, 2008, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

that sounds like a plan. hey....can you tell me where the fuelregulator is? i havea few days off so i will try that tomorrow.
thanks for the quick reply.
Old February 5th, 2008, 2:34 AM
CF Beginner

Top of the motor by the intake. Circular about 1 1/2 inches with one small rubber hose. At least that is where is was on my 4.8. One metal clip holding it on. About 40 bucks and 30 seconds to install.
Old February 5th, 2008, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

wow thats good help i have an '01 5.3 and it does the same thing i just recently did a tune-up on my truck but a while back the dealer told me i had to replace the fuel pump ($700) so i decided to hold off on that but i will try that...hope you have good luck fixing ur problem too
Old February 6th, 2008, 8:20 AM
CF Beginner

ok.....on my 4.3 throttle body, where is a plastic intake(yeah plastic?)under the throttle body itself. the guy at the parts house said the fuel regulator was under that. is that correct? i pulled the plugs,they looked good. cleaned,regaped them,tried to start it. she almost started once, that was it. i pulled one plug out, it looked and smelled alittle wet. the parts guy said the regulator was leaking by, flooding it.(sound right?)

great site...glad i found it !!!!!!

thanks
Old February 6th, 2008, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

Yes that is correct. My brothers s-10 has the 4.3. You have to remove the upper intake plenum.
Old February 6th, 2008, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

ok.....i got as far as the fuel lines. i guess one is the return line....anyway, i saw where you have to disconnect the lines, right above the bell housing. well i guess i don't have the right wrench. all of mine were way to big. o could get them on, but there was on room to turn the$$#@#$ wrench. so i plugged everything back in, remounted all the brackets, put the ductwork back on. guess freakin' what.....it turned right over the freakin' started !!!!!!! but it was running like crap. missing real bad, and i had a ticking sound coming fom the drivers side. like around the a/c compressor. hell if i know ?????? well since it was runnin', sort of,i took to the shop....i willkeep ya'll posted.
thanks of the help ya'll !!!!!!!!!!
kenneth
Old February 8th, 2008, 8:29 AM
CF Beginner

yep.....fuel regulator !!!!! i crossed the plug wires, putting it back together.400 dollars later(90 for parts,300 in labor)....i really need to update my tools. the guy at the shop said toget rid of the boush platiums,and go back to delco. and that i had alittle gas in my oil from the regultor leaking into intake valley.(that's a new one on me, but it makes since.)
well, she runs like a top now, so i can't complain.
thanks for the help guys.
Old April 30th, 2021, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

2000chevsilver, I had this issue years ago and after checking the components either by dmm or function test with parts known to be working before i switched them with mine, I had gone through the entire ignition system as well as fuel delivery before discovering a bit of corrosion in the ignition harness itself under the dash.

Also, as far the fuel lines go you dont absolutely have to disconnect from the lines. I disconnect as the upper intake but i make sure to show cation for the stack of o-rings and washer set inside the fuel line ports.