Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gotknee
I should probably share this with everyone while I'm at it.

I was told if the Customer Care gets over 5000 complaints about the same thing, they issue a "bulletin" to the dealers to just fix it. If Customer Care gets over 25,000 complaints about the same thing, they issue a "Recall" Let's get this to at least "bulletin" status.

Call 800-222-1020.
Excellent info Gotknee thats the follow up and info that really makes the forum work, great job!
Old January 7th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Administrator

appended info from a similar/duplicate link...

Quote:

I was told if the Customer Care gets over 5000 complaints about the same thing, they issue a "bulletin" to the dealers to just fix it. If Customer Care gets over 25,000 complaints about the same thing, they issue a "Recall" Let's get this to at least "bulletin" status.

Call 800-222-1020.
Excellent info Gotknee thats the follow up and info that really makes the forum work, great job!
Old January 7th, 2011, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2007 Tahoe has two cracks suddenly. 40K miles and $55K vehicke in pristine condition. Not wwhat I expect from Chevy.
Old January 8th, 2011, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
appended info from a similar/duplicate link...

Quote:

Call 800-222-1020.
I called the number above for my 2008 Tahoe that has the issue and GM stated that it is a "bulletin" now and that a district manager will contact me within 24-48 to resolve the problem. This is good news and I hope the follow through will be even better. I will update once I hear from the DM. Thanks for the posting!!
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:42 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by branhunt
I called the number above for my 2008 Tahoe that has the issue and GM stated that it is a "bulletin" now and that a district manager will contact me within 24-48 to resolve the problem. This is good news and I hope the follow through will be even better. I will update once I hear from the DM. Thanks for the posting!!
Thanks Branhunt. Yes, please keep us posted. By the way, how many miles on your 08 if you don't mind?
Old January 10th, 2011, 3:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so, after reading all these great stories of their tahoes getting a new dash, i decide to reapply to chevy for a new dash. i called the 800#, spoke with mandy and she looked up my file from 09/2009 and in summary said that since this case was forwarded to a district manager and he declined the case, it was pretty much over with. i pleaded that on this website that several tahoes were getting a new dash for 250.00 in which she could find no reference, i told her to look on the forum and the members are even giving out specific names at the dealership and to what great service and understanding of the problem and to how they are being taken care of....but to no avail. she did give me the option of starting a new case number, i am to go to my local dealership (the one that said it was my fault because i put armor all on my dash,... i did not) and let them verify it is cracked and then i am to call mandy back at her direct line/extension. 1-866-790-5600 x31149. oh well here i go again
Old January 10th, 2011, 9:33 PM
CF Senior Member

yes you should, let us know. I can give you specific case # and name of person I delt with if you need. or the # to my dealership. no reason why GM should be causing issues
Old January 11th, 2011, 1:12 PM
CF Junior Member

is it possible we can start leaving names of gm contacts and your case number. would help those of us who are hitting dead ends
Old January 11th, 2011, 4:27 PM
Administrator

I would think that as long as you post only company related ( GM phone numbers) and names it should be okay, but do not post any personal contact information (home phone, cell phone, personal email etc)
I would also be cautious about posting full email addresses as they can be fished out and spammed and we don't want that to happen to a good or reliable contact that we might find.....

I do think its a good idea to post the names of reliable Dealerships...

Its okay to post the names of Dealerships that you felt did not give good service but do not flame them, only state that you received poor service and as to why you felt you did.
Old January 11th, 2011, 5:30 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
I would think that as long as you post only company related ( GM phone numbers) and names it should be okay, but do not post any personal contact information (home phone, cell phone, personal email etc)
I would also be cautious about posting full email addresses as they can be fished out and spammed and we don't want that to happen to a good or reliable contact that we might find.....

I do think its a good idea to post the names of reliable Dealerships...

Its okay to post the names of Dealerships that you felt did not give good service but do not flame them, only state that you received poor service and as to why you felt you did.
Great advise. I have a 04 so this dont apply to me but i have a friend who it does apply to and am taking notes for him.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????