Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Battery or charging system issues

Search this Thread

Old June 3rd, 2011, 7:01 AM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have 15 batteries on our shelf, one of them says made in Korea 14 do not. Whats up with that?
Old June 3rd, 2011, 7:56 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Which ones are the newest?

I looked at the old one my neighbor still had in the back of his truck and I could not find a "Made In"
Thou the larger sticker on the front of both batteries say "Professional" only the old one had it on the top sticker the new one as you could see does not say it on the top stickers...
the mystery deepens....

Last edited by in2pro; June 3rd, 2011 at 8:03 AM.
Old July 14th, 2011, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My problem occured again. This time the truck sat for 6 days without me using it. I tried to start it on Sunday afternoon and the battery was dead. I followed the dealers directions and call their 24 hour service. They towed it from my house Sunday and as of today (Thursday) they still have not found the problem. The good news is they are not giving up and they did offer me a rental car. More to come.
Old July 14th, 2011, 9:10 AM
Administrator

Keep us updated, I suspect they do a few re-flashes of software to ensure that everything is shutting down like its supposed to when the battery reaches a certain level of discharge...
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:44 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default rental

make sure to get a Tahoe/Burban/Slade for your rental.

I'd never put up with anything but.

I bought a Tahoe, you will loan me a TAHOE.

or an Aventador. either or.
Old July 18th, 2011, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by bzy730
My problem occured again. This time the truck sat for 6 days without me using it. I tried to start it on Sunday afternoon and the battery was dead. I followed the dealers directions and call their 24 hour service. They towed it from my house Sunday and as of today (Thursday) they still have not found the problem. The good news is they are not giving up and they did offer me a rental car. More to come.
Got a call from the dealership on Friday to pick up my truck. They said they still could not find anything drawing from the battery. I guess if it happens again I have some decisions to make.
Old August 13th, 2018, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default Did you ever solve it?

Originally Posted by Typerod
So a few weeks ago, my 07 Tahoe needed a jump start. The vehicle wasn't driven for about 12 days. The battery is new, was purchased back in March 2010. Its garaged kept, not exposed to totally cold outside temps here in Central VA. I understand 12 days is sort of a long time not to drive a vehicle and expect the battery to hold charge. The car is driven about 3 times a week mostly on long drives 1 - 1.5 hr (1 way) trips about 130 miles total.

Today I started the car and it was very slightly hesitant to start, it just wasnt a nice crisp start. The car was last driven on 12/04. I believe there was a service bulletin a while ago about the 07 Tahoes having battery issues or something about the BCM constantly running, and I think the fix was a s/w update. I believe my s/w is up to date on the car, but one thing that keeps happening is that when the battery dies, my engine hours are resetting back to zero. I wonder if there is some sort of slow drain or maybe my alternator is not up to par. I had the battery checked and it passed. My next step is to have the alternator tested.

Not sure what else could be the cause. If the car loses power like mine, will it lose the s/w updates that happened in the past?

Tthanks for any input!
I’ve been battling the same issue on my 2007 Tahoe for 8 years.

thanks!
Old August 13th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Consider replacing both your battery cables the negative and the positive cable up to the meg-fuse. Both of my cables on my 07 appeared fine but when removed and connected to a meter the cables would open when flexed...
This resolved my random door locking, HVAC resets and occasional traction control errors, not to mention the random no start acting like a dead battery.
Another sign was the head lights dimming when the AC /cooling fans kicked on.

See this post
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...hut-off-85090/
Old August 13th, 2018, 3:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default Thank you!

thanks so much for the suggestion. I’ve also had issues with all of what you’ve mentioned.....a/c quits working randomly, traction indicator issues, door locks won’t work for a few day, and power driver’s seat won’t move.

Where should I go to get something let like this done?

thanks again!
Old August 13th, 2018, 4:12 PM
Administrator

Any reputable auto repair shop can do the cables. Each cable is ~$ 50.00 or so, installation time is probably about 1.5 to 2 hrs. If you are able to do the repairs yourself, I would consider this a fairly easy repair. I would recommend checkout out Youtube videos of the process even if you have it done at a shop, just so you know what is being done.