Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2011, 2:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They didn't have a case number. All we did was go to the Chevy dealer and we talked to the head Service Manager, looked at the crack and we received a phone call in the afternoon the same day and he said verbally that they'll replace it and all we have to do is pay $100.00. This was in late December 2010. They had to order the part and we just had to set up an appointment to take the truck for them to fix it. It was fixed after 2 weeks (around 2nd week of January 2011).
Old January 25th, 2011, 8:03 AM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked Dash

Does anyone know if Vandergriff Chevrolet in Arlington Texas is repairing these for a deductable?
Old January 25th, 2011, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Hello Everyone. Here is another recap on case 71-904531563, 866-790-5600 x 11348 Haley.

I took GM up on there offer and paid $250 to have my dashboard replaced. My 07 Tahoe is now back in my possession.

I called another rep who's info was posted in this forum and they were useless. I told him I wanted to speak to a supervisor and he told me that I had to make that request through my original contact Haley. Argh!

Haley just called me and we actually had a nice conversation. She told me that every case is different and that there are a lot of variables to consider while handling a case. She finally admitted that GM is aware of the issue but my case is the first one that she has handled. I asked if she could look up other case #s and she said yes but it would have no bearing on my case. Argh! A supervisor is supposed to call me within 24 hours.

Stay tuned and keep fighting.

Gotknee
Old January 25th, 2011, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

Angry 1st GM offer

After the odd deal from dealership (a previous post), GM called back with their offer. Since the vehicle was repaired, they'd reimburse me 60% of costs, approx $431 of the $831 bill (depending on final invoice).

I informed GM that if my Tahoe dash was repaired, without my permission, I'd be over to dealership today to retrieve it and/or I'd be proceeding with legal action against the dealership. No repairs have been authorized by me, it is there for GM to inspect only and I noted it on the paperwork when dropping it off.

GM called back 10min later and confirmed my vehicle was not repaired. GM would be in touch within next 24hrs with a correction, since this offer was based on incorrect information.

She indicated that if I had more previous repairs completed on the vehicle, they'd be able to offer a better deal. I reminded her that I haven't had any recent issues requiring a mechanic (just oil and tires) and all other work was done at the dealership. Kind of hard to be a better repeat customer when the darn truck hasn't broken in 2 years, my fault I suspect--the repairs have held up.

Been sitting at dealer for 7 days....and counting.
Old January 26th, 2011, 6:41 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mcclintic9
Does anyone know if Vandergriff Chevrolet in Arlington Texas is repairing these for a deductable?
Every dealer should be able to get it done. The GM rep sets up the deductable amount. Graff Chevrolet in Grand Prairie replaced mine for 200 after dealing with the Gm rep.
Old January 26th, 2011, 7:23 PM
CF Beginner

Well, I called my dealer today about my cracked dash and I was given a bunch of excuses and told that they would not do anything about my dash. I was told that because I was almost at 100k miles that the truck was too far past the 3 year 36k warranty and that even if I was closer to the 75 or 80k mark it would be easier for them to get approval. I then told them that I was there previously to get my handles done (Under Recall) and I informed them of the dash and was quoted $900.00 and I was under 75k at the time that they should do something about it. I didn't ask for it to be free (although it should). I just asked if they could eat a portion of the cost. I would have paid up to $300.00 for the new one. I was just given a bunch of run around and excuses. I informed them that My Tahoe was about due for a trade-in and I would not be purchasing another one. I also own a Landscape construction company and will be purchasing two new vehicles this year that will not be Chevy Products. I just wanted a little customer service, owning my own business I know how a little can go a long way with a customer.
Old January 28th, 2011, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

The one and only place i can suggest is ebay i have a 1989 grand marquis broke one of the tail lights and couldn't find in no junk yard in south florida found it on ebay in really good shape for 55 with the shipping included.

http://www.rimslegend.com
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chev "final offer"

GM told me I had 3 options:

1) take the 60/40 & maintance deal.
2) decline the offer and end case
3) obtain a 2nd opinion for another dealership.

Issues I have:
#1 is blackmail. I'd probably be getting my transmission PM done at the dealership in another 10-15000mi anyway. But for them to force this on to me now as a condition has allowed me to decide to take my business to another shop. I don't see why I have to pay $431 and for unnecessary maintenance to fix their known design flaw. I'm not asking for free work, but this isn't logical.

#2 is not viable since this is a known GM design flaw on a $45000 vehicle. GM's handling of this is worse than a gov't coverup. How they handle these type of issues determines the public's perception of the company as a whole.

#3 is odd. They tell me I don't have enough visits to the shop to get a better deal, yet they tell me to go to another Chev shop (nearest 1.5hrs away) and have them look at it. I haven't done any business with any other shop, why would they even care?

How in the heck are people with many more miles than me getting this fixed for $100-300? GM said that is not their standing policy and are saying it is up to the dealerships to decide...pass the buck.
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello everyone, for those of you who have been in contact with our Customer Assistance Center I would like to get all of your case numbers so that I can look through them. For those who have not and are experienceing this issue I would like to get your contact information and setup cases for you to help get this issue to a resolution. I hope this helps all of you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old February 10th, 2011, 5:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jeff, can you check to see if this is my claim number 71785260468
if not can you look it up or do i need to call back and get the number
john stinson
gainesville fl 32608
2007 tahoe ltz

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????